Resolve Maritime Academy.
SEE DATES HERE » COURSES.
The Basic & Advanced Course covers all training requirements in the IMO Polar Code, which were mandatory as of 1 July 2018. This course meets IMO STCW 2010, Table A-V/4-2. The course is taught by highly professional and experienced mariners, Icebreaker Masters experienced in Arctic ice and Masters of ice-classed cargo ships.
- Polar Code Regulations & Standards
- Ice Nomenclature
- Ice Dynamics
- Satellite Imagery
- Arctic Meteorology
- Vessel Performance in Polar Waters/Low Air Temperatures
- SAR in the Arctic
- Vessel Characteristics
- Voyage Planning
- Maneuvering in Ice
- Ice Breaker Operations
- CrewPreparation, Working Conditions & Safety
- Survival/First Aid in Cold Climate
- Virtual Reality Simulation Exercises
After successfully passing the test, trainees will obtain an STCW Polar Code Basic and/or Advanced certificate issued by the Norwegian Maritime Authority, which is recognized by all flag states. Mariners will satisfy the training requirements of IMO STCW, Table A-V/4-1 for Basic and Table A-V/4-2 for Advanced Polar Code.
This course is geared to Masters, Chief Mates, and Officers in charge of a navigational watch on board ships operating in polar waters.
*2 weeks prior to the course start date, if minimum enrollment is not met the course is subjected to be canceled.
- COURSE TYPE(S):
- PRICE: $3000
- LENGTH: 4 Days
- APPROVAL: Norwegian Maritime Authority
- TRAINING METHOD: Lecture and Simulation
- SIMULATION: Yes
- EQUIPMENT: Full Mission Bridge, Mini Bridges
- CAPACITY: 20
- MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 14 (This class is subjected to being cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met)